Our dental team is excited to welcome you and your child to our office. The goal of your child’s first dental appointment is to learn about his or her oral health and how to best care for your child’s unique needs.
It is important to us to establish a relationship with you and your child. We want both of you to feel comfortable and to have a positive dental health experiences. Here’s what you can expect at your child’s first dental exam:
- We will review your child’s health history.
- We will teach you how to help care for your child’s teeth.
- We will examine your child’s teeth and the surrounding soft tissues.
- We will examine your child’s bite.
- We will take any necessary x-rays.
- We will assess your child’s risk of dental disease based on family history, diet, and their ability to keep their teeth clean.
- We will demonstrate proper brushing techniques for their age(s).
- We will discuss sucking habits as well as fluoride supplements, and proper diet.
- We will explain what to expect regarding your child’s future oral health.
- We will answer any other questions you may have.
It is not important for a young child to be cooperative for this initial appointment. We will examine older children in the dental chair and the younger children on your lap in the dental chair; or, you and I will sit “knee to knee” with your child on your lap during the exam.
We are happy to share the fact that tooth decay is totally preventable. With your help and support, we are confident that your child will be able to establish healthy teeth by developing good oral hygiene habits at any early age. We are dedicated to working with you to make sure your child maintains healthy teeth.
Our dental team looks forward to meeting you and your family, and answering any questions you have concerning your child’s dental health.
Forms to print and bring in prior to your first visit:
- Health History 2017 front side (1 per Patient)
- New Patient Health History Back Side (1 per Family)
- Bayless Financial Policy (1 per Family)
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of Privacy(1 per Patient)
- Authorization of Protected Health (PHI) (1 per Patient)
Forms to view prior to your first visit:
- Bayless Notice of Privacy Practices 2017
- The Facts about Fillings